Download the Activity
Verb Flip Pages
Create your own mini flip book to see verbs come to life with the flick of a wrist.
- Cut the page in the middle leaving you with 2 halves.
- On the left side of the page fold the white area where you see the black line.
- On page 2 cover the white folded area with glue.
- Glue page 1 on top of page 2 using the glued area created in the previous step.
- Place the pages on a flat surface
- Place your left hand on the bottom left side of the pages (where the fingers are marked).
- Hold the bottom right corner of the page between your thumb and index finger.
- Quickly flip between page 1 and 2, to see the action come to life.
We recommend demonstrating this to your child a couple of times, as you say the verb in English.
Sample phrase for parents:
Try saying: "Look! Boo is jumping!" or "Look, Bob is dancing!"